In March 2023 South Gippsland Landcare Network hosted the Gippsland Deer Forum in partnership with the Victorian Deer Control Community Network, South Gippsland Shire Council and Dept Energy Environment & Climate Change. Presentation slides and videos from the event are now available via the links below.
- Introduction to the Gippsland Deer Forum (Jenny O’Sullivan)
- State Overview (Peter Jacobs)
- Deer Control on Public Land (Michelle Hanslow)
- Community-led deer control private land – Cape Liptrap (Cheryl Batagol)
- Hunter assistance on private land (Des Lavery)
- Tools & options for landowners (Richard Francis)
- Examples of Cooperative Community Programs (Michelle Hanslow)
- Consuming the Problem (Dominic Britten)
- Role of the Victorian Deer Control Community Network (Johannes Wenzel)
Interviews from the forum are available via the Victorian Deer Control Community Network website. https://vdccn.org.au/member-dashboard/videos/
Note: These videos are in the members section of the website. To access these videos you can join up here and you will be sent a password to access the members section.